The meeting took place at Salle Auriol on 6/19/22
- Emerald city club has closed
- New mailing list available -link on division website
- USFA Calendar out for next season including Battle in Seattle, Seattle International Veteran’s Cup, RJCCs. No SYCs locally.
- Same slate of board members with new treasurer – Amanda Beaver
- Financial report: we made a small profit on BIS, and broke even in others, and lost a small amount on championship. We have money in the bank.
- Local tournament planning for next year to start after summer nationals
- USFA to crack down on hair enforcement
WWD Annual Meeting 6/27/21
Mike Reiter, Kevin Mar, Sylvie Troxel, Rachel Peterson, Dan Berke, Alan Geller
- Adam Geller
- Spencer Felt
- Yasser Eldarawani
- Prashant Ketkar
- Greg Jones
- Alison Burchet
- WWD has started sanctioning events again
- No championships this year
- Old mailing list on Yahoo is gone; replace with a Google group – WWD Fencing
- 86 WWD members going to Nationals
- Waiting to hear about status of National events (e.g., COVID protocols, event caps)
- No locations for NACs announced as of this date
- Regional events deadline has passed; Battle in Seattle already scheduled
- Division schedule will be set after National schedule is announced
- $618 earned via USFA rebate
- No nominations from the members
- All past Board members running
- Unanimous vote by acclimation
- A new Treasurer search is needed for next year
- Meeting Adjourned
June 14, 2020
A recording of the meeting is available here.
- Conducted via video conference call
- 11 people in attendance at the start of the call
- March / April NACs canceled
- Summer Nationals canceled
- Division Qualifiers will not be held
- The WWD Championships have also been canceled
- Waiting to hear from USFA about plans for the next season
- Regional events for the fall are still TBD. USFA may allow organizers to cap event size to conform with local requirements. There will be some guidance on suggested sizes (e.g., if the guidance is 50 people, the event would be capped at 25 competitors)
- Leon Auriol Open has been transferred to Salle Auriol to run; it is likely to be postponed or canceled based on the planned September date
- Battle in Seattle – January – we will need to make provisional plans
- Clubs are looking into best practices for reopening, in accordance with USFA guidelines
- Considering coordinating club re-opening – we encourage clubs to discuss the guidelines amongst themselves
- There will need to be a waiver for people to sign that they understand the risk. Looking for a volunteer lawyer to draft this.
- Considering making use of a COVID safety video.
- Metro Tacoma has created a document for COVID safety and will make that available.
- Financial Report
- All events were profitable
- Profits to be reinvested in activities such as referee training
- Planned expenses believed to be in line with available funds
- Annual Officer Election
- Chair – Dan Berke
- Vice – Kevin Mar, Alan Geller, Rachel Peterson
- Secretary – Mike Reiter
- Treasurer – Sylvie Troxel
- No nominations via email
- Opened to nominations: None made
- Sylvie Troxel has announced that this is her last year so if people are interested for next year, please let the Board know
Keyon, a fencer and coach at MTFC, recently suffered a bad fall and had to undergo emergency surgery. MTFC is running a benefit tournament for him on May 25th. Please try to attend to help out a fellow fencer!!
Attendees: Rachel Peterson, Mike Reiter, Dan Berke, Allan Geller, Sylvie Troxel
- Web site – worth keeping? Pump up the look? Definitely get the refund form working
- JO qualifiers – same weekend as a rain city RYC. Looking to move – possibly weekend after thanksgiving
- LAO set up on AskFred. Vet events added
- We need more Leon medals. Wine for supplementary prize. 5 bottles wine, 5 bottles alt beverages.
- Snacks needed also for 15 people
- Alan hiring refs. Dan – Need to look into hotels near SAS.
- Dan to reach out to Aly for trainer
- Armory for LAO. Andy or Ken. Alan to get them lined up
- Need to get More championship trophies – men’s and women’s saber, and 3 weapon need to be replaced. Action – Mike. $250 / trophy budget
- Getting more Board representation / input – We will put a notice on the Facebook page for the next meeting for Division members to attend if they want.